Arty Bubbles @ Jackson Studio
Are you a complete novice (like me) and keen to give painting a go; an emerging artist, keen to refine your technique, or an artist wanting to hone your skills in a supportive environment with a glass of vino? If so, why not join our exclusive, discounted, TMAGgots Arty Bubbles session at the private Jackson Studio in Dynnyrne in the safe hands of our very own highly experienced artist, tutor and TMAGgot, Ms Sarah Weaver.
This is an exclusive TMAGgots event open to just eight lucky participants, but (don’t fear) we'll have a wait list for those who are keen, but can't get into our first session.
But wait, there’s more. Even better, Sarah will provide us with all we need, the canvas, paint, easel, guidance AND Tassie vino. All you need to do is turn up in suitable (warm) clothes (that might get a bit messy) and comfy shoes. Please RSVP ASAP and ensure you pay the event fee of $96.00 (which is a generous 20% discount on the usual cost for TMAGgots), but you need to pay upfront to secure your exclusive spot @ www.tmaggots.org.au
The session is on Thursday, 22 April 2021, between 6.00pm and 9.00pm.
As Sarah says – ‘Arty Bubbles are one off three hour painting sessions for small groups of people who fancy a go at art accompanied by fine sparkling Tasmanian wine, nibbles and music. Held in my home studio – Jackson, it’s relaxed, fun and informative for beginners and experienced artists alike. Each participant is given a canvas which they can work on and take home and sessions run along these lines (with variations).
We start with a welcome drink and chat and then get into expressive oil painting on a big sheet of paper:
- Everyone will make their own blacks using transparent oil paint with palette knives and other tools, and get into gestural mark making exploring different colours, mediums and styles. Once we’ve explored that sufficiently we’ll have another drink and some nibbles and then start on acrylics – we will paint an overall ground (background) in one colour on the canvas.
- Whilst the ground is drying we’ll do an easy drawing exercise on coloured paper, creating an abstract image using viewfinders and learning about the importance of shape, lights and darks and the gradations between.
- Another drinks and nibbles break while everyone chooses an easy image to make their own on their canvas.
- We will use crayons to draw up/block in the image and then use acrylic paint in thick impasto (textured) medium with palette knives (or brushes if preferred) to create a piece to take home. I will provide some resource material for people to choose from or they can bring printed photos if they like (I prefer it if people don’t paint from images on their phones as they can get covered in paint!).
- End of session cheers – photos are taken and uploaded to the public FB page unless anyone objects (I always ask permission for that), with non-alcoholic alternatives (sparkling water/tea/coffee.)
Our Covid-19 Safe Plan for this event:
- We ask you do not attend this event if experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- At registration, we will need to confirm your contact number to assist with contact tracing.
- Please ensure you arrive at the event promptly at the nominated start ready for induction.
- Note that by registering for this event you agree to follow all reasonable instructions.
- Please either bring your own sanitizer or use that supplied at the start of the event.
- At the event please ensure you observe reasonable social distancing with other participants.
- During the event, please limit touching other people, objects and physical infrastructure.
- Please contact the event host if you have any further questions or suggestions.
We look forward to seeing you at Jackson Studio (For more details go to - www.jacksonstudio.net).
Pete Smith, Event Host
0409 531 491